The Cedar Rapids Linn County Solid Waste Agency operates two locations in Linn County, Iowa, that serve its 17 communities. Governed by a board of directors, our number one priority is to ensure the health, safety and welfare of Linn County residents by managing discarded materials in a way that is environmentally sound and cost effective. Learn more about our environmental stewardship.
Mission Statement: Ensuring the health, safety and welfare of Linn County residents by managing discarded materials as resources in a way that is cost-effective and environmentally sound.
Click HERE to read the Solid Waste Agency's Environmental Policy Statement.
1954 County Home Road, Marion
Hours: 7:00 - 4:30 (closed Sundays)
- Landfill: a Class D landfill that includes leachate management, methane gas recovery, and environmental management systems.
- Hazardous Material Drop-off: a program where residents can bring their household hazardous materials.
- Resource Recovery Building: a residential drive-through center for dropping off, sorting and processing recyclables including paper, plastic, glass, cardboard, electronics, car & household batteries, fluorescent bulbs, and medical sharps.
- Free Paint, Cleaners, Etc.: a room in the Resource Recovery building where Linn County residents can pick up paint, cleaners and other products for free. The products are initially brought in by businesses and residents. Viable products are placed here for reuse.
2250 A Street SW, Cedar Rapids
Hours 7:00 - 4:30 (closed Sundays; winter hours in effect December through March, call 319-398-5163 for times)
- Compost Facility: a pick-up location for bulk compost and wood chips (when available).
- Drop-off Options: a drop-off location for appliances, tires, and scrap metal (fees apply for appliances & tires).
- Garbage is NOT accepted at this facility.